This page outlines the signup process for registering a SEGA ID and signing up for the game. You may proceed to download the game but you will have to download an additional patch after installation which is around 4.0 GB.
- The Official release began July 4th, 2012
- The game has several servers known as “Ships”
- The English Community plays on Ship 2 Block 20
- Maintenance occurs every Wednesday in Japan at 11:00 ~ 17:00 JST.
Common Error Messages
Japanese Enabled Browser?
- In Firefox: Press ALT+T
- Click Options
- Click Content tab > Click Choose
- Add Japanese language
- If you receive this message, the registration page is blocking access from your location.
- You will need a Japanese proxy to continue registering.
- If you receive this message, Sega is currently having hardware issues and has temporarily closed all new registrations.
Head to http://pso2.jp/players
Click the BLUE SEGA ID BUTTON!
The next page is just informing you that you should receive an email from Sega within 10 minutes. Check your email for a message from SEGA ID, click the link inside to continue registration.
Type in your birthday and desired username.
Birth year then month then day. Please note that the month and day must be two digits. For example: February 2nd is 02月 02日. Type in your desired username below and be sure to click the button underneath it. It will pop up blue if the ID is available, or red if the ID is unavailable.
Type in your password and again.
- 通っていた幼稚園（保育園）の名前は？ The name of the kindergarten or nursery school you went to.
- 生まれた町名は？ The name of the town/city you were born in.
- 最初に乗った車の車種は？First Car Make or Model.
- 子供の頃の憧れの選手は？ Childhood role model.
- 初恋の人のファーストネームは？ First name of your first love.
- 最初に飼ったペットの名前は？ First pet’s name
- 中学校三年生の時の担任は？Your (final year) middle school homeroom teacher.
Underneath the secret question is a tick box that asks if you wish to receive emails and newsletters from SEGA.
Solve the captcha by typing the “Hiragana” characters contained in the image. For further assistance, visit [Lexilogos Hiragana] to match the characters contained in the captcha. Be quick as the captcha times out after a few minutes! To make things a little bit easier, open the captcha image in a new tab and refresh the page to see the Japanese characters at a different angle.
Once you are finished, press the button directly underneath the text box and a confirmation page will appear.
On the confirmation page click [登録する] to complete the registration!