- Phantasy Star Online 2 NGS is scheduled for release in 2021!
- NGS takes place 1000 years after PSO2 with a renewed graphics engine and huge open fields. You can switch between PSO2 and NGS using the same character.
- NGS and PSO2 will allow your character to play both worlds freely.
- The visuals have been updated from the previous trailer based on feedback. The theme song now has vocals.
The Main Visual
- The stream revealed the main visual for PSO2: New Genesis!
New Genesis Story
- The ARKS appear in New Genesis, but this time they are defending a planet called HALPHA from the DOLLS. The battle against the DOLLS has been going on for decades, but nobody knows where they come from or why they're attacking.
- The ARKS consist of the Halphanian people, but there are other individuals arriving to the planet. These mysterious people are known as Meteorn, and they arrive from outer space through pods.
- The Meteorn have no memory of their life before they arrived, and no one knows where they come from.
- Many of the Meteorn have decided to join sides with the ARKS to fight against the DOLLS.
- We introduced the first three classes in the previous recap, but this time they revealed Fighter, Gunner, and Techer!
- Fighters are good at close range combat. They use Knuckles which can hit the enemy in quick succession. They can also sway to dodge attacks.
- Gunners return with the stylish roll and chaining system with Twin Machine Guns.
- Techers can perform their usual wand elemental explosions. In addition, Techers can even block attacks!
The Six Classes
- Each class will be able to equip two to three types of weapons.
- However, during the closed beta, they will only be able to equip one weapon type.
- Announcements for new weapon types will be revealed at later dates.
- You can once again select a sub-class, allowing you to use weapons from another class.
- With the Multi-Weapon System, you can put the actions and photon arts of another weapon type into your main weapon. For example, you can switch freely between sword and assault rifle, or even wand and knuckles without changing the weapon palette.
- This lets you automatically jump up from obstacles or walls.
- Woah! What's This! You can now swim in New Genesis!
MAGS in New Genesis
- Mags are quite different from their PSO2 counterparts because they no longer support you in battle. In New Genesis, they act more like a helpful partner who becomes a portable terminal in the story. In addition, they react to new facilities in the open fields as you approach them.
- The Ryuker Device allows you to teleport to far away locations.
- You can also teleport to a visited Ryuker Device from the main menu while you're out on the field.
- Scattered across the field are Cocoons. These allow you to participate in Instanced Quests, which you can perform solo or with a party.
- These quests appear to have various objectives designated under "Main Missions" and "Side Missions." For example, while the Main Mission wants you to reach the end, the side missions will task you with challenges such as clearing it within 5 or 10 minutes, or receiving less than 10 hits, etc.
- The Training Cocoon showed during the demonstration appears to present a reward of 1 Skill Point.
- Emergency Trials can occur randomly just like in PSO2.
- Two new trials revealed today showcase the ARKS intercepting the DOLLS Control Aircraft, and the clearing out of a Assembly Point.
- This gigantic mag will give a boost to all players on a Ship. Everyone can participate by feeding it various materials to increase the boost rate. There appears to be a "Social Boost" and a "Personal Boost." For example, the Social Boost increased the EXP rate by +10%, and the Personal Boost increased the Rare Drop Rate by +10%.
- These quests can occur randomly at certain areas in the field.
- This city serves as the base of operations for the ARKS. As a lobby, it can hold up to 100 players in the same instance. Here you can chat and use the facilities around the city.
- NPCs will provide you with various tasks to complete. These will net you rewards like EXP and Items, etc.
Feature: Food Stand
- You can create various food that provide boosts such as ｢ATK UP｣ and ｢PP UP｣.
- Materials can be gathered from trees and wild animals.
Feature: Item Enhancement
- The Item Lab so far has the following features:
- Item Grinding
- Limit Breaking
- Ability Affixing
- Potential Unlocking
- You can grind your items to make them stronger. The demonstration appears to be using the NT grinding system.
- Special Ability Affixing lets you add effects onto your weapon. In the demonstration, they affixed a sword by supplying it with 10x ｢C/Power I｣ and 10x ｢C/Forms Soul I｣ capsules. This led to success rates of 100% for ｢Power I｣ and 90% for ｢Forms Soul I｣.
- It appears each capsule adds a success rate for their specific abilities:
- One ｢C/Power I｣ = +10% Power 1 success
- One ｢C/Forms Soul I｣ = +9% Forms Soul I success
- First you select your base weapon, then add the weapon that will be used as the material.
- Once complete, your base weapon will gain access to the second weapon's category.
- Your fingers can now move in Lobby Actions!
- Shortcut Words, Group Chats, Auto Words, and Symbol Arts will continue to be available in NGS. In addition to this will be Stamps as another form of communication you can use.
Switching between PSO2 and NGS
- At the character login screen you can select whether you want to log into PSO2 or NGS.
- In addition, the block changer in PSO2 allows you to switch to NGS.
- The Ryuker Device in NGS lets you switch back to PSO2.
PSO2 Graphics Engine Update
- PSO2 will acquire a graphics engine update.
- This feature is scheduled to be released in February.