Get ready to connect with the past in the PSO 20th Anniversary Event starting this week!
|PSO2 Maintenance Extended|
|Japan Timezone||3/3/2021 @ 2:00 ~ 20:00|
|Eastern Timezone||3/2/2021 @ 12:00 PM ~ 6:00 AM|
|Patch Size||9 GB|
|Japan Timezone||3/3/2021 @ 1:55 ~|
|Eastern Timezone||3/2/2021 @ 11:55 AM ~|
- Screenshot Studio
- New Limited Quest [Mop-Up Operation: Endless Nightmare]
New Ultra Hard Quest
- Added Ultra Hard to ARKS Ship Fire Swirl
- The Emergency Quest will return until March 31st
- Season 5 will run until April 14th, 2021
- Eleph Rappies stomps into PSO2
- Rinza Weapon Series
- A Variety of Weapon Camos
PSO 20th Anniversary Event
Ash, Kireek, and Rico NPCs
- Ash, Kireek, and Rico will appear in the Lobby.
- Clear their Client Orders to receive rewards such as their Partner Cards.
- Our old friends return to Ragol on March 31st, 2021.
- In the Character Creation and Salon, the Character Model and Menu will be updated to the NGS Specifications.
- In the Character Creation and Salon, added a menu to edit color settings at the same time.
- In the Character Creation and Salon, costumes and accessories can be sorted by PSO2 and NGS.
- In the Character Creation and Salon, the maximum number of accessories will be adjusted and each accessory will cost a value.
- In the Character Creation and Salon, CAST Head Parts will be displayed in the Hairstyle Menu.
- In the Character Creation and Salon, elements that could only be edited based on race or gender can be freely edited.
- CAST Parts can be used on Humans, Newmans, and Deumans
- Combined All Race and Gender elements to the edit menu
- Updated the visuals for the Scratch Cards
- Adjusted the Bonus Scratch to have laps.
- Scratch Tickets from before cannot be used with the new Scratches.
- Made the following changes in ARKS Ship Fire Swirl:
- Reward Items based on Results
- New Special Abilities can drop on Equipment from the Quest such as Soul, Factor, Reverie, and Glare Catalyst.
- The Damage Cap will be removed from the following Quests:
- T: Special Training: Episode 5
- The Underground Nightmare
- T: The Underground Nightmare
- Part of the Terrain will be changed in Mission 3 of the Challenge Quest [Mission: Cataclysm].
- Arks Rappy will drop the following items that the limited-time Rappies can drop.
- The following changes have been made to the boss [Shiva]:
- Added a new drop
- Added new special abilities that can drop on Equipment
- The following items have been changed on Divide Quest
- Valkyrie R25 -> Valkyrie R25S
2021 Weapon Badge Exchanges
- This year's Weapon Badge Exchange is arriving a little late!
- The Limited 2021 Exchanges can be found at Xie (20th Anniversary) in the middle of the Shop Area.
- Xie will stay around until March 31st, 2021.
Badge & Memory Exchange
- 2021 Weapon Badge Exchange can be found at the NPC "Nanon"
- The previous 2020 Weapon Badge Exchange will be renamed to [SP Weapon Badge Exchange 1], the other SP Weapon Badge Exchanges will be renamed accordingly.
- The product listing for the Treasure Shop has been updated.
My Room Shop
- All the Rotational items will now be displayed in the Shop.
- Item Rotations for the shop will come to a stop.
SG Recycle Shop
- Updated the Product Listing for the SG Recycle Shop
- The item [Special Ability (Exceed Receptor)] can now be used as an SG Item.
- Made a massive revision to the Game Launcher Options removing Graphic Options.
- The simple Graphic Settings will be set when first starting the game, and can change the details once in-game.
- Changed the "Anti-aliasing" option in PC and PS4
- The PC and PS4 Version of game will receive various new Graphic Options
- New performance options added to the PC Version:
- Ability to dynamically change resolutions
- Frame Rate Limit when inactive
- Removed "Edge Light" as an option
- During Event Scenes in PSO2, if the character is equipped with NGS Costumes, Layer Wear, or CAST parts. A default PSO2 outfit will be used instead.
- During Event Scenes in PSO2, if the character is using a NGS Head Model. A Default PSO2 Head Model will be used instead.
- Revised the Time it takes to Recharge the Grapple for Bal Rodos.
- The downtime has been extended for Bal Rodos when there are 3 or more players.
Due to issues found with Creation Data, My Fashion, and Support Partners that'll come with the new Graphics Engine. The following features will be disabled until a fix is found:
- Save Creation Data / Load Creation Data
- My Fashion
- Support Partner Salon
- Support Partner Customizing Equipment
- Chat Command "/myfashion" and "/mf"
We'd like to thank all of our current patrons for helping to keep the site afloat! If you like the work that we do, please consider donating 1$ or more to continue our Phantasy Star coverage!
Emergency Quest Schedule
- The Emergency Quest schedule will update during maintenance.
- Please resync the calendar periodically to receive the latest updates, as the schedule may change at Sega's discretion.
- This calendar is unable to show Emergency Quests that occur at random.
- You can see the Emergency Quest schedule on your phone by subscribing to the Google Calendar.
Luxury Login Campaign
March 4th @ 0:00 ~ March 30th 23:59 JST
Login each day to receive luxurious rewards! Login a certain amount of days to receive even more bonuses.
Daily Login Rewards (Max: 27)
- Bonus Key Tokyo [Gold]
- Ragol Memory
5 Day Rewards
- Bonus Key Tokyo [Rainbow]
- Ragol Memory (x8)
10 Day Rewards
- Bonus Key Tokyo [Rainbow]
- Ragol Memory (x15)
- PSO 20th Anniversary Mat
AC & SG Shop Bargains
Until March 10th's Maintenance
The following bundles contain AC Shop items at a discounted price!
AC Shop Bargains
Buy Prem, Get Bonus Keys Free
|Premium Set 30 Days
Bonus Key Tokyo [Gold] (x2)
Springy Starter Set
|Item Pack Expansion +10
Bonus Key Tokyo [Gold]
Rainbow-licious Boost Set
|+150% EXP Boost (x3)
+400% RDR Boost (x5)
Bonus Key Tokyo [Rainbow] (x2)
※Each bundle is limited once per account.
SG Shop Bargains
Collect File Gauge (Medium)
|Collect File Gauge (Medium)||150 SG|
Collect File Gauge (Big)
|Collect File Gauge (Big)||350 SG|
Material Storage 90 Day Discount
|Material Storage S 90 Days
+150% TRI Boost
+150% TRI Boost EX
※The first SG Bargain is limited to two.
※The second and third SG Bargain is limited to one.
Sage's Crest Campaign
March 3rd ~ March 10th
Beat the following goals to obtain Sage's Crests. The crests can be exchanged for ★15 Weapons at Zieg!
|1||Clear the EQ [Arks Ship Fire Swirl] 1 Time||Sage's Crests (x10)
|2||Clear the EQ [Arks Ship Fire Swirl] 3 Times||Sage's Crests (x10)|
|3||Clear any Emergency Quest 1 Time||Sage's Crests (x10)|
|4||Clear any Emergency Quest 3 Times||Sage's Crests (x10)|
|5||Login 3 Days||Sage's Crests (x10)|
|6||Link with PSO2es and Quick Search once||Sage's Crests (x10)|
※Goal 6 will be distributed at a later time.
PSO 20th Anniversary Campaigns
February 17th ~ March 31st
|Login once during the Campaign Period||Bonus Key Tokyo [Rainbow]
Ability Transfer Pass (x10)
+150% TRI Boost (x5)
+150% TRI Boost EX (x5)
|Team with a Newly Registered Player in it by March 31st||Bonus Key Tokyo [Rainbow]
+150% TRI Boost (x5)
+150% TRI Boost EX (x3)
47 [Camera Action]
|Team with a Returning Player in it by March 31st||Bonus Key Tokyo [Rainbow]
+150% TRI Boost (x5)
+150% TRI Boost EX (x3)
16 [Bed 1]
※Rewards for the Team Campaign will be distributed Late April
Level-Up Support Boost
February 17th ~ March 17th
Level-Up Quest Boost
- +250% Experience
37 thoughts to “PSO2 JP: Extended Maintenance and Patch (3/3/2021)”
9gb okay Overkill. see you next life.
Its just 9GB, not 50GB
That's just ~10% of the game tho
I've got 120 gb ssd atm no mp3 would fit anymore
It doesn't say 9gb is added, it says the patch is 9gb, it might as well rewrite 7gb and only download 2 for example, or am I wrong?
You may be right. I still got a hdd but its partly gamebreaking for me. The fps drop to under 10, loading other people costumes etc.
the biggest update still at the ep2 update
PSO2's Character Creator Evolves with The Graphics Engine Update, but it cannot be used because it is disabled good job sega an update that works halfway, but they are not making money so it will be done although it is not ready
Imagine delaying the update but still not fixing the issues kek
It is just like you try to convert your character model from pso2cc data to another common type that 3D program can read. I have heard from the pso2mod group that doing something similar to this is useless because of the model you get from converting it from pso2cc data only convert the face but not the body, the other part got messed up.
So basically this is different in source code, different on version. They just try something new and fresh so it is hard for them to fix this now. I think right now they are looking at the source code more and try to make it compatible with the old one.
Yeah I more or less understand a little bit of the difficulty involving the whole process, I don't think anyone truly expected this to go smoothly
9GB update in Es …
I can't even imagine the size of the update in PC
9 GB is for PC not PSO2es
lol, so some of the most important features besides shop will be disabled now? Wonderful
is it rlly that serious isn't my fashion literally just fashion presets and editing inner and outer wear outside of salon? if i understand right that doesn't seem like that big a deal
Not being able to save/load creation is pretty big, considering character creation and tweaking have always been some of the main reasons for people to play this game, especially now in its current purgatory before NGS state. There were two big reasons for people to be excited for this update, at least we get one of them, the moving fingers, gotta push those LA sales, the electricity bills don't pay themselves lul
So… finally the graphics update arrives?
The new graphics kill shadows? someone over there must think everything needs to be an emissive i guess.
Their previous graphics update also killed shadows for people who used MSAA. Ever since you can only use either SSAA or SMAA.
It seems that PSO2 hates Anti-aliasing and shadows with passion.
Im here just to read whiners and complainers
Meanwhile, I'm here for the people who complain and whine about the complainers and whiners.
Wow this is unacceptable… Support Partner is going to be disabled, this is one of the most important features in the games and they're really going to just let us play without it? Classic SEGA.
Well, actually today Support Partners are not much use xD They were more useful in the days when there were no bonus keys. It is difficult for me to say since I appreciate my partner very much but it is sadly true xD
Wait, you use support partners? Wow, that's something I haven't seen in years.
I think this comment is sarcasm. Jokes on the serious repliers.
Oh wow, there's a pleasant surprise! Retextured clothes!
Not just retextured, they also added some more DETAILS. Check it out yourself. The only thing they didn't do is fix some clothes physics..
The game looks a lot better not only re textured, but the game feels more a lot natural.
is pso2es update via tweaker ready yet? Xd it keeps sending me to Googleplay store everytime i try to log in
It will take time to come out since they also have to translate the PSO2 Tweaker from PC we will have to wait.
On top of that they are seeking help with a feature with Unity to fix the chip upgrade thing for a while now… I hope this problem din't became worse now.
Is anyone else having issues about the update? My games keeps crashing everytime I try to open it :/
What Ram, Graphics Card, Processor do you have?
is anyone have issue about the update my game keeps crashing everytime i open it
I too am having issues logging into the game after this update. If anyone had this issue and was able to fix it, what did you do to fix it to be able to load into the game again.