PSO2 Gathering Guide
Gathering is a new system introduced on March 9th that allows players to mine or fish for materials in Free-Field Quests. With these materials, they can create Cuisines that provide various effects, or a Skill Ring capable of mimicking or altering a skill or weapon's behavior.
April 21st: 3:00 PM
- Added April 20th's Client Order
- Updated the Recovering Stamina section.
- Added Skill Rings
- Added Cuisines and their requirements.
March 10th: 10:00 PM
- Added entire list of achievements.
- Added images to Cuisine list.
- Added hovers displaying which achievement unlocks what recipe.
March 10th: 6:00 AM
- Added partial list of achievements.
March 9th: 12:33 PM
- Added Cuisine List
March 9th: 11:00 AM
- Added Skill Ring List
- Added Grinding Cap Information to Skill Rings
Players are able to gather materials from the Free Exploration quests of the Forest, Coast, Desert, Quarry, Ruins, and Tokyo fields. Accessing the green or blue gathering spots on the field allows the player to select from three tools at their disposal.
Master Fishing Rod
Good Fishing Rod
※Master Tools can be obtained through AC.
※Good Tools can be obtained from clearing Gathering Achievements.
Master Tools can be purchased in bundles of seven for 950 AC at the AC Shop.
- 【極み】ピッケル（７個） Master Pickaxe (x7)
- 【極み】釣り竿（７個） Master Fishing Rod (x7)
Alternatively, you can purchase a single tool for 150 AC by selecting it from a gathering spot's menu.
The player is given two stamina bars: one for harvesting, and another for fishing.. If the player runs out of stamina, they can either wait for it to fill over time, or they can purchase stamina drinks with Star Gems (SG).
Stamina Drinks typically cost 150 SG; however, the first 9 drinks you buy each day are available at a discounted rate. This discount decreases with each drink you buy, until finally wearing off upon your 10th drink and onward. Your drink count resets at 5AM in Japan, allowing you to take advantage of the discount each day.
Stamina Drink Costs
- 1st Drink = 10 SG
- 2nd Drink = 10 SG
- 3rd Drink = 20 SG
- 4th Drink = 20 SG
- 5th Drink = 30 SG
- 6th Drink = 40 SG
- 7th Drink = 50 SG
- 8th Drink = 50 SG
- 9th Drink = ?? SG
- 10th Drink and Above = 150 SG
The discount reapplies after 5:00 JST each day, putting you back on the 1st drink.
Combos and Fevers
Combos will rack up each time you use a Gathering Spot. You can earn bonus combos after draining a spot of all its resources. Once the countdown timer ends, you'll earn EXP based on your combo score.
Utilize the Gathering Spots for a chance for a Fever to occur. Once activated, the following effects are applied:
- Increases the number of materials you could acquire.
- Makes it easier to obtain rare materials.
- Allows unlimited usage on a Gathering Spot.
- This will still consume Stamina.
You can also get a Fever by achieving 25 combos.
Gathering Level And Achievements
You can increase your Harvesting and Fishing levels by clearing Gathering achievements. Increasing these levels nets you bonus Fever time, and upon leveling up, it refills your stamina bar.
You can access your achievement list from the Visiphone by clicking on
The Cuisine Shop is available from Ida in Franca's Café. Initially, only a few dishes are available, but you'll unlock more by clearing Gathering achievements. A quick way of unlocking new recipes is to go around each field, gathering up as many materials as you can.
Each cuisine requires specific materials.
Details can be found in the Cuisine Shop List.
Skill Ring Shop
The Skill Ring Shop is accessible from Franca's Cafe. Skill Rings are a new Equipment category that will either modify a weapon's behavior or mimic the effects of a skill. Skill Rings must be equipped from the [Equip Armors] button in the Main Menu.
L-Rings will either alter a weapon's behavior or provide some support for a skill. R-Rings copy the effects of skills for use on other classes. For R-Ring's, the skill's originating class is barred from equipping the ring if the class is set as the main or sub-class.
The ring will earn EXP as long as it is equipped to the player as they earn EXP. After it reaches a certain value, you can head to the Item Lab to grind the ring.
The Ring EXP determines the number of possible grinds you can perform on the ring. As you gain more EXP, this grind cap is raised allowing for even more grinds.
強化値 (Grind Value) / (#まで強化可) Current Grind Cap
For example, in the screenshot above, the grind value is 1, and the current grind cap is 2. You can raise this cap by having the ring gain EXP.
Grinding the ring improves the skill's performance. With L-Rings you may also select which stats you want to increase.
Sophia's Client Orders
- Go Fishing and Harvesting on any Free-Field Quest.
- Show Forest Tomato Salad to Sophia.
- To clear this Client Order, you'll need to head to the Cuisine Shop, and on the first entry, hand in 10 Forest Tomatoes.
- Afterwards, head back to Sophia and show her the Tomato Salad.
- Show your R / Boost Slayer Ring to Sophia
- To clear this Client Order, you'll need to head to the Skill Ring Shop, and on the bottom-most entry, hand in the Earth Rocks Sophia gave you in her first Client Order. Head back to Sophia, and by not equipping the Ring, you can turn in the Client Order.
- Grind a Skill Ring
- You can use the R / Boost Slayer ring you recently acquired and grind the ring at the Item Lab.
Yerkes Client Orders
Supplying Naberius Mushrooms
|Bring 5 Naberius Mushrooms
※This item can be collected from [Forest] or [Ruins]
|[Ruins Shrimp Kakiage]
Supplying Wopal Shells
| Bring 5 Wopal Shells
※This item can be collected from the [Coast]
|[Ruins Shrimp Kakiage]
Supplying Empty Bottles
Bring 5 Empty Bottles
|[Coast Moule With Oil]
Supplying Lillipa Vests
Bring 5 Lillipa Vests
|[Coast Moule With Oil]