Certain weapons will drop under a new classification system known as "New-Type Weaponry." These items can be identified by the EXP bar beneath the weapon's description. Weapons under this classification will utilize a new grinding system that combines several features in one.
NT weapons can be identified by the EXP bar underneath the weapon's description. NT weapons will also have a blue outline around the icon.
The [Item Grinding] menu in the Item Lab offers NT Weapons a unified location to increase not only their stats and attributes, but also their potential abilities. Each NT Weapon has a [GrindEXP] bar that increases when other weapons are used as fodder for the base weapon.
※Any weapon that is contributed as fodder will be destroyed in the process!
Each weapon used as fodder contributes a certain amount of Grind EXP based on the status of the Base Weapon. You can earn additional grind EXP for your base weapon, if the fodder weapons meets the following criteria .
|Shares either the same Weapon Category, Rarity, or Weapon Name as the Base Weapon|
|NT Classified weapons grinded at +1 or above.
The higher the grind value, the bigger the bonus.
|Any Weapon with the [Emper Embrace] Special Ability: エンペ・エンブレイス|
|Any Weapon with the [NT Weapon Boost] Special Ability: NTウェポンブースト|
Material Bonuses differ based on the following criteria:
- Same Weapon Category but different rarity = +5 Material Bonus
- Same Weapon Category and Same Rarity (★13) = +90 Material Bonus
- Same Weapon Category and Same Rarity (★12) = +50 Material Bonus
- Same Weapon Category and Same Rarity (★11) = +30 Material Bonus
- Same Weapon Category and Same Rarity (★10) = +30 Material Bonus
- Same Name as Base Weapon (★13) = +185 Material Bonus
- Same Name as Base Weapon (★12) = +110 Material Bonus
- Same Name as Base Weapon (★11) = +60 Material Bonus
- Same Name as Base Weapon (★10) = +60 Material Bonus
- ~ Other Rarity Conditions Omitted for Brevity ~
Basically, you're aiming for fodder that matches the same weapon category and rarity as the Base weapon.
The following situations apply a Grind Bonus:
- NT Grinded Weapons at +1 or above
- Grind Bonus = (Accumulated EXP / 2)
- Emper Embrace Special Ability エンペ・エンブレイス
- Grind Bonus = +90
- NT Weapon Boost Special Ability From Recycle Shop
- Grind Bonus = +800
Success and Great Success
You can achieve either a [Success] or [Great Success] during the grinding process. Receiving a [Great Success] contributes an even higher Grind EXP.
You can use the following support items to increase the chances for a Great Success to occur.
- 強化大成功確率+20% | Grind Great Success + 20%
- 強化大成功確率+30% | Grind Great Success + 30%
- 強化大成功確率+50% | Grind Great Success + 50%
- 強化大成功(100%) | Grind Great Success (100%)
Players can select a potential upon the weapon reaching a +10 grind. This potential can be leveled up further once the weapon reaches a grind value of +20 and +30. Since the grinds will cap at [+10/+20/+30], please be sure not to contribute too much [Grind EXP], as it will be wasted until the potential level is raised.
One of the following items may be required for unlocking a potential.
- フォトンスフィア | Photon Sphere
- フォトンブースター | Photon Booster
- ウェポノイドブースター | Weaponoid Booster
- アリーナブースター | Arena Booster
- クリファドフューズ | Qliphad Fuse
Hover over link for the locations on obtaining the item.
NT weapons lowest cap is at +30 grind. However, you can raise the grind cap beyond this limit by contributing fodder weapons that are the exact same weapon as the base weapon. In most circumstances, you'll need 2 ~ 6 copies of the same weapon to bring it to +35. How many you need depends on all of your current weapons grind caps. Each cap will increase the grind cap by a different amount
- 30 Grind Cap = +1 Grind Cap
- 31 Grind Cap = +2 Grind Cap
- 32 Grind Cap = +3 Grind Cap
- 33 Grind Cap = +4 Grind Cap
- 34 Grind Cap = +5 Grind Cap
You can raise your grind cap at any time during the grinding process. See below for more information on increasing the grind cap
Overlimit: Grind Cap Raising
It's imperative to know the grind cap on your weapon. Grind Caps represent the MAXIMUM grind your weapon can currently achieve. The weapon's grind cap is indicated by the red box in the screenshot above.
Grind Cap Raising Process
- Acquire weapons that share the same name and rarity as the base weapon.
- Each weapon, when used as fodder, will raise the grind cap by 1 ~ 5.
Pre-Grind Capped Weapons
- Weapons of ★13 rarity will drop with a randomized grind cap of +31 ~ +34.
- Weapons of ★13 rarity from [Collection Files] contain a grind cap of +30.
- Weapons of ★14 rarity will drop with a grind cap of +35.
- Weapons of ★14 rarity will from Crest Exchange will be a grind cap of +30.
★13 weapons that drop directly from the quest, will acquire a random grind cap of [+31] ~ [+34]. Using this weapon as fodder will add [+2~5] and [the value of the grind cap] to the base weapon.
Adding Up Grind Caps
Weapons with grind caps of [+31 ~ +34] will add [+1~5] and [the value of the grind cap] to the base weapon.
- [Base] + [Material] = (Total Added to Cap) = New Grind Cap
- [+30 Cap] + [+31 Cap] = (+2 Cap) = +32 Grind Cap.
- [+32 Cap] + [+32 Cap] = (+3 Cap) = +35 Grind Cap
- [+30 Cap] + [+33 Cap] = (+4 Cap) = +34 Grind Cap
Skipping Weapon Copies with Grind Cap +1
- Obtaining the [Grind Cap +1] item raises the cap on the weapon by 1.
- These can be found in the Battle Arena Scratch or the Recycle Shop.
- You can purchase it from players by searching 強化値上限+1
You can raise the elemental values of NT weapons by contributing fodder weapons that share the same category and rarity as the base weapon. Elemental grinding is done through the same menu in which you grind your weapon.
- Same Category + Same Rarity + Different Weapon = +1 Element
- Same Name + Different Element = +10 Element
- Same Name + Same Element = +Value of Fodder's Element
[ ★13 Weapon Grinding | NT Weapon Grinding ]
7 thoughts to “New-Type Weapon Grinding System”
Note that Emper Embrace affix does increase the grind bonus by 90 when a weapon with it is used as a fodder.
btw, i got 13* revolutio already but i can't attribut grind it,,
i want to sacrifice my HFB kamaitachi as fodder
You try attribute grind via the grinding menu right? Is the weapon of the same type as the HFB kamaitachi?
Will grind skip to 7 work with NT?
I already got NT*13 +35 but i cant get the title for raising my lv cap. what happen??
its because im buying the *13 from shop?? yes, i am buying the *13 weapon, not from drop… is that it??
Did you ever find out what happened? I believe you needed to be the same class that achieved the title for the 21 Class Cubes and equip it.
I figured it out. It needs to be a weapon registered to you from those drops, so you may need to erase the owner registration and reequip the weapon native to that class when you're at Max Level.