~ March 8th, 2017~
PSO2’s first PvP content is finally here! Now you can duke it out with your friends and fellow ARKS members by heading to the Battle Blocks on Shared Ships. Entering this block will automatically change your class to “Battle Warrior,” letting you participate in 6vs6 matches across three different fields, each with their own characteristics.
Players can head to the counter to start a match, or interact with the two monuments in the “Battle Lobby” to view ranking information.
Two Ways to Play
Combatants will have the option of playing in two kinds of matches. The first, [Ranked Matches], gives players the opportunity to win rewards with the risk of increasing or decreasing their rank. [Password Matches], on the other hand, are meant to be played with friends. The results from these matches will not change their rank, nor award them with items.
Ranked Match Coins
Combatants will earn [Battle Coins] based on the results of the game. These coins can be traded in at the Battle Coin Exchange Shop for Weapon Camos, ★12 Units, Costumes, and more!
Emblem Competition Ruleset
Twelve players will be split up into two teams of 6 and assigned to either the [Red Union] or [Blue Union]. Players must scramble across the map collecting Emblems to earn points during the match. Points can also be earned by defeating players from the rival union.
Even the losing team can make a sudden comeback. With [Emblem Fever], rainbow colored emblems will spawn in advantageous locations for that team, helping them score lots of points.
In order to take down your opponents, you’re gonna need some weapons. Scattered across the field are [Pick-up Spots] where players can acquire a Rod, Assault Rifle, or Sword at random. As the game progresses, these spots will have stronger weapons for you to collect.
One of three fields will be randomly selected for the match.
- VR Arena (Forest): A basic field with slight variations in elevation.
- VR Arena (Volcano): A tricky field where the lava will eventually rise.
- VR Arena (Tokyo): A technical field with great variations in height.
The Battle Scratch
The Battle Scratch will appear after completing a ranked match. You can draw one spot for free to claim one item among the list of prizes. However, to acquire the others, you’ll need to pay Star Gems to reveal the remaining spots.
Grind Cap +1
One very special reward from the Battle Scratch is the Grind Cap +1 item. This item will help raise the grind cap for weapons classified under the New-Type (NT) system. This item has a low chance of appearing, but once you obtain it, you’ll have the option of placing it on the market from your My Shop.
Battle Scratch Prizes
Some of the rewards you can get from the scratch include:
- Girad Weapon Camo Series
- Grind Cap +1
- Battle Coin Boosters
Battle Coin Exchange Shop
Players will earn battle coins based on the results of the match. These coins can be traded in at the Exchange Shop for Weapon Camos, Costumes, and even ★12 Units.
One notable item included in the shop is the [Arena Booster]. You can use these boosters at the Item Lab to unlock new potentials on the [Aura] and [Revolucio] weapon series.
New Weaponoid Potentials
Weaponoid Potentials will be arriving to Nox Dinas, Nox Dinas-NT, Brass Haul, Turbulas, and Fleet Malinca. Weaponoid Potentials require items called [Weaponoid Boosters] which can be obtained by playing PSO2es.
Franca’s Sakura Café
Franca’s Café will be transformed into a Japanese garden for the spring. Beautiful cherry blossoms with fluttering petals and flowing river waters liven the atmosphere. Apart from the renovations, Three Color Dangos and Pasta will be added to the menu of table dishes.
Spring 2017 Bingo
A new bingo has arrived for spring targeting Battle Arena and Casino content! Among the prizes is the [＊Lumie Vogie ] weapon camo. The [Reverse] side of this bingo will be added at a later date.
Rappy Fever Bonus Quest
Rappy Fever is a new Bonus Quest where you’ll find hordes of Rappies! Defeat them along with the Empe Rappies within the time limit for the chance to get weapons with the [Empe Embrace] special ability. Accessing this quest requires the [Bonus Key Rappy F], which can be retrieved by clearing Featured Quests.
Weapons Badge 2017
A new section for [Weapons Badge 2017] is being added to the Badge and Memory Exchange Shop. These badges can also be acquired by clearing Limited and Featured quests.
NT Weapon Grind Caps
NT weapon grind caps will now be added up when a weapon of the same name is used as fodder with a grind cap value of [+31 or higher]. NT weapons who fall under this condition will still add +1 like they normally do. However, with this change, [+31 or higher cap] weapons will also contribute the portion of its grind cap over to the base weapon. For example, a [+30] and [+30] weapon will extend the grind cap to [+31]. However, a [+30] and [+32] weapon will extend the grind cap to [+33].
This change will only affect the [Grind Cap], not the [Grind Value] shown on the weapon.
Collection Sheet Preview
You can now see a preview of your character holding Collection Sheet rewards.
Revolucio Collection 2
Revolucio Collection will be reviving for a year-long duration lasting March 7th, 2018!
AC Quick Charge
You will now be able to purchase AC inside of PSO2 with AC Quick Charge! All that’s required is setting up an initial payment method online and then you can simply charge your account at anytime within the game.
Shortcut Word Upgrade
This update will now allow you to enter up to a whopping 50 Shortcut Words! You can register 10 Shortcut Words per page, for a total of 5 pages to switch between. New chat commands are being added as well, so you can easily use your new shortcuts.
「/spage1~5」 or 「/swp1~5」: For switching between pages.
「/sw1~50」 or 「/s1~50」: For using any 1-50 of your shortcuts instantly.
New Skill Rings
Gathering spots have finally arrived to the Kuron and Sanctum fields. Aside from new cuisines and skill rings, this update will allow you to unlock the Lv. 25 Gathering level cap.
L / Katana Combat Count Up
- Increases the hit count during Katana Combat.
L / Twin Machine Gun Stance Up
- Requires TMGs to be equipped.
- Increases Striking and Ranged power when a Stance Skill is active.
L / Atomizer Lovers
- Speeds up the consumption of Atomizer type items.
- Increases the amount recovered.
L / Point Weak Bullet
- Applies weak bullet to the target area even when the location is obstructed.
R / Flame Technic S Charge
- Reduces the charging times of Fire Technics.
- Unusable by Forces main and sub.
R / HP Restorate
- Recovers HP gradually when it falls below a certain value.
- Unusable by Summoners main and sub.
Sacred Skewer Type-Zero
- Now a chargeable attack that throws the spear in a linear trajectory, piercing the enemies. You can even aim at foes in the air with TPS view.
Raging Waltz Type-Zero
- Enables actions that allow you to ascend, turn, or withdraw, based on the direction inputted after the attack. These actions will also provide a short time frame of evading attacks.
Ein Raketen Type-Zero
- Swings the blade upward and creates a stationary or piercing slash attack.
Sakura End Type-Zero
- Lets you slash at enemies simultaneously as you begin charging.
- Successfully performing the Just Charge will enable a second attack.
Rodeo Drive Type-Zero
- Hold the PA button to continuously advance while consuming PP.
- Once you let go, it unleashes an explosive blast.
Na Barta Type Zero
- Hold the PA button down to create an Ice Shield that has the ability to perform a counter attack.
- After the counter attack, it provides a short time frame of evading attacks.
Gi Grants Type-Zero
- Light blades spin around the user while charging.
- After charging, it generates a huge sword of light that mows down the enemies.
You can now trade in 4 Excubes at the Recycle Shop’s Crafting Shop to acquire PA/Technic Customization Resets!
Additions & Adjustments
Auto Radar Expansion ON/OFF
- This adds the option to turn off the radar map from automatically switching to full display.
Auto Collect Rare Items ON/OFF
- With this on, ★13 (or higher) items will automatically be picked up and added to your Item Pack or Storage. Never worry about losing drops due to disconnection or quest restarts again!
Rare Weapon Passes
Rare Weapons up to ★12 and rare Units up to ★11 will no longer require a purchase pass at Player Shops. Head to the Recycle Shop to trade in any leftover passes.
New Quest Trigger
An Emergency Quest Trigger for [White Day 2017] is being added! Use this to help finish up the things you’ve missed on your Collection Sheets.
Casino Balance Adjustments
Adjusted the balancing of the following Casino Games:
- Shortened the duration of Rappy Slot animations.
- Improved the reward for defeating an enemy in Mesetan Shooter
- Increased the [Triple Chance] spaces for Li~Li~Roulette
Playing in a party with 2 or more players will now boost Rare Drop, Meseta and EXP rates.
Limited Quest Adjustments
Relaxed the difficulty and adjusted the stats of enemies in the following:
- 混沌喚び出す龍の咆哮 (Chaotic Roar of the Dragon)
- 混沌まねく未知なる影 (Chaotic Beguiler)
- 境界を貫く双角の凶鳥 (Border Breaking Bird)
- 混沌導く闇の化身 (Chaotic Darkness)
- 混沌産み出す闇の化身 (Darkness From the Chaos)
Obstacle Durability Adjustments
The durability of Darker Walls and VR Walls have been reduced in Super Hard Quests and below.
Automata Replica (AC Scratch)
~ Arriving March 10th, 2017 ~
The NieR:Automata collaboration project commences with replicas of the 2B, 9S, and A2 android’s costumes, hairstyles, and weaponry. Tracks from the game’s soundtrack will be included as Music Discs. Other outfits in the scratch include a gothic punk jacket and basewear fundoshis.
(some sections contributed by: wowowpenguins)