Certain weapons will drop under a new classification system known as “New-Type Weaponry.” These items can be identified by the EXP bar beneath the weapon’s description. Weapons under this classification will utilize a new grinding system that combines several features in one.
NT weapons can be identified by the EXP bar underneath the weapon’s description. NT weapons will also have a blue outline around the icon.
The [Item Grinding] menu in the Item Lab offers NT Weapons a unified location to increase not only their stats and attributes, but also their potential abilities. Each NT Weapon has a [GrindEXP] bar that increases when other weapons are used as fodder for the base weapon.
※Any weapon that is contributed as fodder will be destroyed in the process!
Each weapon used as fodder contributes a certain amount of Grind EXP based on the status of the Base Weapon. You can earn additional grind EXP for your base weapon, if the fodder weapons meets the following criteria .
|Shares either the same Weapon Category, Rarity, or Weapon Name as the Base Weapon|
|NT Classified weapons grinded at +1 or above.
The higher the grind value, the bigger the bonus.
|Any Weapon with the [Emper Embrace] Special Ability: エンペ・エンブレイス|
|Any Weapon with the [NT Weapon Boost] Special Ability: NTウェポンブースト|
Material Bonuses differ based on the following criteria:
- Same Weapon Category but different rarity = +5 Material Bonus
- Same Weapon Category and Same Rarity (★13) = +90 Material Bonus
- Same Weapon Category and Same Rarity (★12) = +50 Material Bonus
- Same Weapon Category and Same Rarity (★11) = +30 Material Bonus
- Same Weapon Category and Same Rarity (★10) = +30 Material Bonus
- Same Name as Base Weapon (★13) = +185 Material Bonus
- Same Name as Base Weapon (★12) = +110 Material Bonus
- Same Name as Base Weapon (★11) = +60 Material Bonus
- Same Name as Base Weapon (★10) = +60 Material Bonus
- ~ Other Rarity Conditions Omitted for Brevity ~
Basically, you’re aiming for fodder that matches the same weapon category and rarity as the Base weapon.
The following situations apply a Grind Bonus:
- NT Grinded Weapons at +1 or above
- Grind Bonus = (Accumulated EXP / 2)
- Emper Embrace Special Ability エンペ・エンブレイス
- Grind Bonus = +90
- NT Weapon Boost Special Ability From Recycle Shop
- Grind Bonus = +800
Success and Great Success
You can achieve either a [Success] or [Great Success] during the grinding process. Receiving a [Great Success] contributes an even higher Grind EXP.
You can use the following support items to increase the chances for a Great Success to occur.
- 強化大成功確率+20% | Grind Great Success + 20%
- 強化大成功確率+30% | Grind Great Success + 30%
- 強化大成功確率+50% | Grind Great Success + 50%
- 強化大成功(100%) | Grind Great Success (100%)
Players can select a potential upon the weapon reaching a +10 grind. This potential can be leveled up further once the weapon reaches a grind value of +20 and +30. Since the grinds will cap at [+10/+20/+30], please be sure not to contribute too much [Grind EXP], as it will be wasted until the potential level is raised.
One of the following items may be required for unlocking a potential.
- フォトンスフィア | Photon Sphere
- フォトンブースター | Photon Booster
- ウェポノイドブースター | Weaponoid Booster
- アリーナブースター | Arena Booster
- クリファドフューズ | Qliphad Fuse
Hover over link for the locations on obtaining the item.
NT weapons typically cap at +30 grind. However, you can raise the grind cap beyond this limit by contributing fodder weapons that share the exact same name and rarity as the base weapon. In most circumstances, you’ll need 6 copies of the same weapon to bring it to +35. However, there are some situations that can occur where you may skip having to collect all 6.
You can raise your grind cap at any time during the grinding process.
In total, you will need 6 copies of the same weapon to grind it to +35. The weapon you wish to grind (known as your base weapon) will count as your first copy.
- Base Weapon (1st Copy)
- Copy of Base Weapon (2nd Copy)
- Copy of Base Weapon (3rd Copy)
- Copy of Base Weapon (4th Copy)
- Copy of Base Weapon (5th Copy)
- Copy of Base Weapon (6th Copy)
So in total, it is one base weapon and five copies to reach a grind value of +35. However, you can skip gathering some copies if the grind cap is higher than +30. You can read more about that in the next section.
Overlimit: Grind Cap Raising
It’s imperative to know the grind cap on your weapon. Grind Caps represent the MAXIMUM grind your weapon can currently achieve. The weapon’s grind cap is indicated by the red box in the screenshot above.
Grind Cap Raising Process
- Acquire weapons that share the same name and rarity as the base weapon.
- Each weapon, when used as fodder, will raise the grind cap by 1.
- Doing this 5 times will raise the grind cap to +35.
Pre-Grind Capped Weapons
- Weapons of ★13 rarity will drop with a randomized grind cap of +31 ~ +34.
- Weapons of ★13 rarity from [Collection Files] contain a grind cap of +30.
- Weapons of ★14 rarity will drop with a grind cap of +35.
★13 weapons that drop directly from the quest, will acquire a random grind cap of [+31] ~ [+34]. Using this weapon as fodder will add [+1] and [the value of the grind cap] to the base weapon.
Adding Up Grind Caps
Weapons with grind caps of [+31 ~ +34] will add [+1] and [the value of the grind cap] to the base weapon.
- [+30 Cap] + [+31 Cap] = (+1 Cap) and (+1 Cap) = +32 Grind Cap.
- [+32 Cap] + [+32 Cap] = (+1 Cap) and (+2 Cap) = +35 Grind Cap
- [+30 Cap] + [+33 Cap] = (+1 Cap) and (+3 Cap) = +34 Grind Cap
Skipping Weapon Copies with Grind Cap +1
- Obtaining the [Grind Cap +1] item raises the cap on the weapon by 1.
- These can be found in the Battle Arena Scratch or the Recycle Shop.
- You can purchase it from players by searching 強化値上限+1
You can raise the elemental values of NT weapons by contributing fodder weapons that share the same category and rarity as the base weapon. Elemental grinding is done through the same menu in which you grind your weapon.
- Same Category + Same Rarity + Different Weapon = +1 Element
- Same Name + Different Element = +10 Element
- Same Name + Same Element = +Value of Fodder’s Element