PSO2 gets its second Challenge Quest with this update, along with Class Boost title rewards!
August 26th Maintenance
- 8/26/2015 @ 10:00 ~ 17:00 JST
- 8/25/2015 @ 9:00 PM ~ 4:00 AM EDT
- 8/26/2015 @ 7:00 ~ 17:30 JST
- 8/25/2015 @ 6:00 PM ~ 4:30 AM EDT
August 26th Patch
- Laucher: Version 03.00.04
- Client: ver. 3.0801.0
- Patch Size: 1.2 GB (PC) / 685 MB (Vita)
- If Pre-Patched: 54 MB
Last Chance Reminders
- Enter the secret phrase from the latest live broadcast before maintenance to receive prizes at a later date!
- Xie and her 3rd Anniversary Exchange Shop are leaving the game with this maintenance, so spend those badges!
Issues with PSO2 and Windows Defender
The development team is currently aware of an issue that prevents the game from starting up, and causes long loading times in various places. They recommend users with [Microsoft Security Essentials] or [Windows Defender] to exclude the PSO2 installation folder from Real-Time Protection.
- How to Exclude a Folder:
- Open Windows Defender or Microsoft Security Essentials
- Click on Settings
- Click on "Excluded Files and Locations"
- Click Browse
- Select PSO2's Installation Folder
- Click OK then Add
- Click Save Changes
PSO2's default installation directory is located at:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2
The Sweets Paradise collaboration is serving up some new treats for PSO2 with its second set of items, available in-game after maintenance. Check the tab in last week's maintenance post for more details.
- Reaching level 75 in a particular class will unlock a Title Reward that boosts certain stats.
- Each class's Title Rewards can be redeemed at the Title Counter.
- Each stat boosting effect will apply to ALL the characters on your account.
- You can find these Class Boosts in the "Class Level" subcategory in the Title Counter.
- Typically the description of these Titles lists the stats in yellow text.
- PA Customizations are now included in Daily Crafts!
- Certain days of the month will now be themed around specific crafters:
- Beginner Crafters: The 14th & 25th of every month
- Veteran Crafters: The 15th & 31st of every month.
- PA Customizers Only: The 30th of every month.
Level Up Quest
- Chaotic Beguiler (N ~ SH)
- Added the second Challenge Quest
Challenge Quest Boost
- Players can earn extra miles by playing the quest targeted for a Challenge Mile boost. The challenge quest that receives this boost will be listed here and on the official site.
- In celebration of its release, the 2nd challenge quest will receive an extra +50% boost on top of its initial boost week bonus. Therefore, Challenge Quest #2 receives a +100% CM Boost from August 26th ~ September 1st @ 23:59 JST.
Challenge Boost Schedule:
- August 26th ~ September 1st @ 23:59 JST
- Challenge Quest #2 (+100% Challenge Mile Boost)
- September 2nd ~ September 2nd @ 23:59 JST
- Challenge Quest #1 (+50% Challenge Mile Boost)
New Client Orders
- Added new Client Orders.
- Added new items.
- You can unlock hidden potential abilities on certain ★7 and ★12 weapons by using Photon Boosters.
- This item is available at the Challenge Mile Exchange Shop!
New Login Stamp System
- Changed the contents of the rewards.
- Changed the reward system so that each stamp contains an item.
- Changed the total number of rewards on a stamp card to 30.
- Changed the design of the stamp card.
- Made the system notify you of the next login stamp item you can retrieve.
AC Shop Item
Added the following items to the AC Shop:
- リリパリウムオール（極大） Liliparium All (Max)
- リリパリウムオール（極大）（５個）Liliparium All (Max) (x5)
"Liliparium All" reduces the cool down times of all unlocked craftlines.
In addition, the AC Shop listing for [Liliparium (Max) (x1)] will change its name to [Liliparium (Max)]
- リリパリウム（極大）（１個）→ リリパリウム（極大）
- Added an "All" tab and a "Unit" tab to the Photon Color Changing menu.
- You can now change the photon colors of certain units.
My Room and FUN Shop Lineup Updated
- You can now trade in ten ★11 weapons to receive ten Excubes.
Surprise Part 2!
- The Badge & Memory exchange shop will feature a new category known as [Badge Exchange Shop 3].
- This can be accessed by selecting [Exchange Weapons Badges 2015].
- [Badge Exchange Shop 3] will list most of the items available from the [3rd Anniversary Exchange Shop].
- These items still require the 2015 Weapons Badges from the previous event.
Badge And Memory Exchange Shop
- Ragol Memory Exchange Shop lineup has been updated.
Challenge Mile Exchange Shop
- The CM Exchange Shop has a new menu listing for [Challenge Mile Exchange Shop 2]. This shop will contain Photon Boosters, Mag Evo. Devices, and Ideal Units.
- [Challenge Mile Exchange Shop 2] will activate upon reaching Mission 4 in the 2nd Challenge Quest. (Players who cancel or disconnect from the quest from that point will not satisfy the condition of unlocking this exchange shop.)
- (The information in the game states you need to clear Mission 3 to satisfy this condition.)
Zieg's Emblem Exchange
- You can now trade in 10 Craftsman seal (職人の印) to receive 10 Lambda Grinders (ラムダグラインダー).
Casino Prize Counter
- Changed the Casino Prize Counter lineup.
New Chat Command
- <getitem> or <gi> mentions the name of the most recent item you picked up.
- Made improvements to the Launcher reducing the time it takes to update the game.
- An animation and sound effect will play when a compound technic becomes available.
- Relaxed the height restrictions for player characters for the following fields:
- Sub. Tunnels
- The EQ "Oceanic Menace" will now drop the weapons [Lind Onett] and [Lind Storm] on Extra Hard.
- AC Scratch Items that qualify for the Recycle Shop will now be distinguishable from other items.
- Changed the icon designs of +50% and +100% Triboosters.
- Added "AC Scratch Items" to the list of item sorting.
- Master Craftsman Seal and Swordsmith Emblem can no longer be thrown away.
- [Rappy Slots] The chance of winning a jackpot will temporarily increase for ships with Jackpots at the 500,000 limit.
- The name of the Challenge Quest will now display in the mail for those who win a prize in the Challenge Rankings.
- It is now possible to select partners from the [Remove From Party] submenu in the Party Command menu.
- Time Attack Rankings have been split up to separate solo players from group players.
- TA Rankings for Solo Players will display as:
- TA Rankings for Group Players will display as:
- TA Rankings for Solo Players will display as:
- Solo Time Attack Runs can also count towards Group Time Attack Rankings.
- Solo Time Attack Rankings will begin on August 31st in Japan. Results will be available on September 7th, 2015.
- Added a feature that allows you to use and purchase [Liliparium All (Max)] when a Craft Line is cooling down.
- Made changes to Timed Ability Installations to no longer select [Untekked Drop Rate Up] as a Main Effect. You can still use [Untekked Drop Rate Up] as a Main Effect if it was saved to the data drive.
- Ship transfers will now display the name of the ship you wish to transfer to within the final confirmation screen.
Game Balance Adjustments
- Changed the unlocking conditions for Klotho's Client Orders:
- A Carefree Quiz IV
- A Carefree Quiz V
- A Carefree Quiz VI
- Made it easier to increase the "Annihilation Rate" when clearing [Raging Dark Arms] and [Ebon-Wing Vanguard]
- Adjusted Advance Quests to reduce the HP of some enemies.
PSO2 Music CD Releases
The PSO2 Character CD ~Song Festival~ II releases on August 26th! Six songs by characters like Matoi, Afin, and Theodore are featured, as well as a mini-drama track. The CD also includes codes for bonus in-game items such as a singer lobby action and character voices.
The musical stylings of Takenobu Mitsuyoshi and the PSO2 Live Broadcast crew are coming in soundtrack form on September 3rd! The CD features the two ARKS Dance Festival songs along with several variations of each. Item codes for music discs of both tracks and a room mat of the cover artwork are included as well.
ARKS Festival Mat
|We're ARKS!||Music Disc|
※All of these items can already be found in the Player Shops on PSO2 from early purchasers who attended the ARKS Festival 2015!
animelo mix Item Codes
Players can receive item codes for music discs from the PSO2 ON-STAGE Phantasista / Dreamcasting CD or the original Character CD by purchasing songs from animelo mix on their Android & iPhones.
Phantasista / Dreamcasting
- Phantasista－stage ver
- Phantasista－TAKUYA ver
- Phantasista－YUMI ver
Character CD ~Song Festival~
- kitty girl
- Try to take me again
The music disc you receive corresponds with the track you buy. If you buy the entire album, you'll receive codes for all the songs included.
Emergency Quest Schedule
▲▲ Eastern Daylight Time ▲▲
Please [Refresh] the calendar after maintenance has ended!
▲▲ Japanese Standard Time ▲▲
Please [Refresh] the calendar after maintenance has ended!
- The Emergency Quest schedule will update automatically during maintenance. Please wait until after maintenance has ended to see the current schedule.
- Please resync the calendar periodically to receive the latest updates, as the schedule may change at Sega's discretion.
- This calendar is unable to show Emergency Quests that occur at random.
- Boost Events that occur for 24 hours will appear in this calendar with only their start times.
- Boost Events that occur for several hours will use the "period" suffix in their titles. Please check the Google Calendar itself to view the event duration.
Spend AC, Get Items Campaign #17
Receive Ragol Memories and more based on the total amount of AC spent during the campaign period!
- August 26th ~ September 16th (Maintenance)
(1) Spend 100+ AC during the campaign period to receive:
- +50% Rare Drop Booster (x2)
(2) Spend 2,000+ AC during the campaign period to receive:
- +50% EXP Booster (x6)
- Grind Risk Reducer +2 (x2)
- Ragol Memory (x2)
(3) Spend 5,000+ AC during the campaign period to receive:
- Rappy Suit
- Ragol Memory (x3)
(4) Spend 10,000+ AC during the campaign period to receive:
- Ragol Memory (x5)
※AC / iAC spent in PSO2es prior to linking does not qualify for this campaign. However, any AC or iAC spent after linking will qualify for the campaign.
Prize Distribution Date
- Early October.
Client Order Campaign #97
Spend the last days of August clearing Revelle's client orders to receive these wonderful prizes.
- August 26th ~ September 2nd (Maintenance)
Qualifying Client Orders
(1) Clear Revelle’s client order デモリション・アンビション・Ⅰ Demolition Ambition I to receive:
- +50% Rare Drop Boosters (x2)
- Grinder (x20)
(2) Clear Revelle's client order ブラッディ・スカフォード・III Bloody Scaffolds III to receive:
- Grind Risk Reducer +1 (x2)
- Grinder (x30)
Prize Pickup Expiration
- Until December 2nd's Maintenance