Hero is finally arriving to PSO2 on July 26th. This class utilizes Swords, Twin Machine Guns, and Talises, and can switch between them on the fly with special PAs. You can learn more about Heroes in our preview post.
Episode 5 doesn't utilize concepts like Story Boards and Matter Boards from previous updates. Instead, the story will be accessed in a much simpler manner with quests focusing on action and "quests" focusing on events. The story can be initiated either from the Bridge or Quest Counter. You can even select the difficulty with [Easy] or [Normal].
The story centers around a black hole that is expanding at an alarming rate. Fearing for the worst that the entire universe will get sucked in, our heroes head to Omega, a "dream" derived of the Akashic Record.
Omnibus Quests are a reconstruction of the stories from Episode 1 through Episode 3. The quests can be initiated from Alma who will provide commentary to the various events. Players both new and old can enjoy this feature as there might be some discoveries left to learn.
Omnibus Quests will start with Episode 1, with plans to release the remaining episodes in the future.
Beach Wars 2017
The 2017 iteration of Beach Wars will have Aratron appear in an Emergency Trial. Speaking of which, Aratron Phemut and Gal Gryphon will appear as bosses within the quest.
Beach Wars will also have its own Collection File with the new [Fornis Gennes] knuckles. Other Fornis weapons will cover Assault Rifle and Rod. The ★13 partisan [Grandia] will appear as a drop in the quest.
- Shirona is finally getting a counter in the lobby.
- Some NPC locations will change.
Fine Tuned Accessory Adjustment
- The slider has been upgraded for a more fine tuned placement of accessories.
- You can now stack the same accessory up to 4 times!
Aesthetic Ticket Account Sharing
- Using the same ticket twice will enable that product to be used on the entire account. This will also apply if you registered the same accessory to different characters prior to Episode 5.
- (They did not specify the entire scope of items that fall under this rule, but we do know that Accessory Tickets were heavily implied.)
Multi-Block Quest Matching
- You can now match up with players from different blocks. This is an optional feature that can be chosen prior to starting the quest.
- This storage box only allows items classified under "Materials" and "Order Items." You can transfer these kinds of items from your Item Pack to the Material Storage. This feature is an AC service costing 1,500 for 30 days, and 3,600 for 90 days.
Client Order Adjustments
- Relaxed Koffie's Field unlocking Orders
- Relaxed the conditions for Skill Point Client Orders.
- RNG/EQ enemies will be replaced with Free Field enemies.
- Revelle will receive new ESCA-Darker orders.
- Hans and Revelle orders will see some improvements.
Effort Symbol Hero
- An Effort Symbol ring will be added for Hero. You'll need to collect "Hr Materials" from [Solo Training: Bounds of Corruption] to create this ring.
Recycle Shop Access
- The Recycle Shop can now be accessed from the Camp Ship.
My Set Expansion
- Added 3 more My Set slots to the Class Counter
More items to the Exchange Shop
- Trade in [Episode Zero Memory] for Gettemhart and Melphonsina layered wear and hairstyles.
- Trade in [Weapono! Memory] for PSO2es comic related items.
Legendary Heroes AC Scratch
This scratch contains hero themed layeredwear and accessories.
Outfits for summoners from the land of Cuent will also appear.
This time we'll have cast parts from the Vodham series and Croire series.