Sega released Phantasy Star Online 2es on the Google Play Store. Unfortunately the game requires a VPN and Japanese Google account to bypass the Play Store's region-lock. However Synth has made his .apk file available for all to download.
PSO2es has left open beta and has now officially launched. Read the smartphone version guide to catch up on the latest information.
PSO2es V1.0.2 (April 9th)
- Download link [Provided by Synth]
PSO2es V1.0.1 (April 7th)
- 4 Star Quests added
- AC Services Enabled including AC Scratch! AC Purchases requires a Google Play account.
- [Premium] Partial support for the Emergency Quest Advance Notice feature.
(The mail will be sent when you log in, or return to the lobby after finishing a quest, or return to the lobby after a certain amount of time.)
(You'll receive the notice when you push the mail button from the communication menu.)
- Corrected the bug that allowed the Mag Photon Blast and Auto Actions to get overwritten. Compensation will be distributed at a later date.
- Corrected the bug wherein Cast female breasts were not displaying at the correct size.
Smartphone Guide Updates
- Optional Patches
- Character Chips
- Switching Characters
PSO2es Update 1.0.1
Download link above!
PSO2es Specs [Android Version]
- OS: Android 4.0.0+
- Space: 300 MB+
- Connectivity: 3G / WiFi
Official Service Notices [Last Updated 4/7 4:11 AM EDT]
- There's currently a bug making accessories not show up properly if the character has Bask Repca outfits equipped.
- Toro and Kuro's mag icons are currently not displaying.
- The reindeer suit is currently bugged out making your character appear faceless, in a swimsuit.
- The application may force quit upon pressing the back button when entering text with certain combinations of the OS keyboard and IME applications.
- Concerning [Error Code 110], Sega identified the source of this bug and is in the process of correcting it.
- Sega is currently investigating the [Unable to communicate to the server] error messages.
- Sega has determined the Assault Rifle PA [One Point] is currently overpowered. They plan to nerf the offending PA in the future.
- Since swords are prone to missing their targets, Sega will buff Sword chips in the future.
PSO2es Early Playthrough Campaign
The PSO2es Open Beta has officially begun! To commemorate the launch of the Open Beta, players will be given a prize if they created a character within PSO2es.
- Open Beta Launch ~ April 16th's Maintenance
(1) Create a character during the campaign period to receive an all class Katana:
- ハリセン (Harisen)
This also includes PSO2 characters who were imported into PSO2es. If you have several PSO2 characters, they can all qualify for the prize.
(2) Play PSO2 and PSO2es linked, to receive:
- 1000 FUN Ticket
- +100% Tribooster
Prize Distribution Date
- (1) will be distributed through your PSO2es in-game mail service.
- (2) will be sent to the Visiphone in PSO2
Which brings us to our next point… When you win prizes for PSO2es, they'll be sent through your in-game mail with an item bag icon to the side. In fact, if your linked PSO2 character reached level 10 or 20, you will be receiving Rappy Medals after the tutorial. And finally, Rappy Coins have changed into Rappy Medals for the Open Beta.