PSO2 Episode Selection
- All characters will start the game from Episode 4 once the update goes live, including those who are currently playing Episodes 1 ~ 3.
- EP 1~3 players, after making some progress through Episode 4, will be given the option to choose between EP1~3 or EP4 the next time they log in.
- In other words, making it past a certain point in Episode 4's story will unlock the option of choosing between EP1~3 and EP4 upon logging into the game.
- Those who wish to play Episode 1 ~ 3 content should select the
Start from (EP1~3) option on the character selection screen.
If [Episode 4] is selected on startup:
- You will advance through the Story using the [Story Board] and not the [Matter Board].
- Event Fields will not appear during quests. Story events will instead be activated by selecting "Event Pieces" on the Story Board.
- Some NPCs will not show up in the lobby.
- You will not be able to play Story Quests from Episodes 1 ~ 3.
If [Episode 1 ~ 3] is selected on startup:
- You will be able to play the Episode 1 ~ 3 stories in order.
- The menu option to [Play from Episode 3] will no longer be available when the game begins. Characters with Episode 3 [Matter Boards] prior to this update can continue their EP 3 progress in the same manner as before.
- You will advance through the story using the [Matter Board].
- Event Fields will display in quests and can be accessed to start the event.
Quest & Client Order Changes
- Featured Quests will now be unlocked once the Tokyo Free Field Quest is cleared.
- Daily Orders will now be unlocked once the Tokyo Free Field Quest is cleared.
- Io's Client Orders will now be unlocked once you clear Nab Rappy Capture or finish your Mag License Application order.
- The contents of Daily Orders and Team Orders will change during maintenance on January 27th in response to the release of the Tokyo field.
※Those who've already unlocked the aforementioned features will retain access to them.
Initial Photon Arts
New characters created after the release of Episode 4 will initially learn these Photon Arts / Technics.
|Sword||Twister Fall||Over End|
|Wired Lance||Bind Through||Other Spin|
|Rifle||Piercing Shell||One Point|
|Rod, Talis||Barta||Il Grants|
|Jet Boots||Strike Gust||Gran Wave|
- The placement of certain shops and attendants will be altered.
- Certain NPCs have been newly outfitted with Layered Costumes.
- Some costume and accessory behaviors will be adjusted to accompany the implementation of Layered Costumes and the new Accessory Size & Angle features.
- In Episode 4, the Client Orders required to obtain a Compound Technic will no longer exist. These technics must instead be obtained from the Photon Drop Exchange Shop.
- Players who select Episode 1 ~ 3 can also obtain them through Client Orders in the same manner as before.
Weapons Badge Changes
- The Weapons Badge changes will be implemented during February 10th's maintenance.
- Once this goes live, Weapons Badge 2015 will no longer be obtainable.
- However, the [Weapons Badge 2015 Exchange] will continue its service by being available from the Exchange Shop.
Are you Ready For Episode 4?
All features listed in this linked article, including the new character customization options, will be arriving on January 27th, 2016! However, the Maestro Summoner AC Scratch will be released two days later on January 29th. Coming up in late February will be the release of the "Episode 4 Character Creation Demo". This is a standalone program where you can test how your computer fares with the new graphics setting.