~ November 19th Update ~
- Added Boss Notes
- Added Ultimate Quest Notes
- Added other skills.
- Added 13 star weapon names and a tidbit about them.
- Changed the boss to Diabo Igrissith, since its name was split on two lines.
Ultimate Quests are highly difficult quests that can be accessed by twelve players. They must work together as much as they can, because their failure to cooperate may lead to their demise.
Ultimate Quest Notes
- Level 70+ players can access this quest!
- The quest is only one area and needs 2,000 Pts to clear.
- You can select to go to the location where many players have gathered.
- The enemies are “World Destroyed” types, making potentials like “Native Hunter” invalid.
- Weapons that drop in [Extra Hard] difficulty will have a new special ability that increases damage towards this enemy type.
- There are new infection cores that strengthens the enemies.
- Unlike SH infection cores, they don’t have an elemental weakness and can be destroyed.
Warp down and assemble to face an onslaught of Lv. 80 enemies designed in peculiar ways we haven’t seen before.
Anga Fandarge: This powerful enemy performs various attacks and has the ability to strengthen enemies nearby.
- It’s a learning type boss that changes its attack pattern and applies resistances against attacks.
- The resistances it applies can be weapon types and technic elements.
- Destroy the 6 orbs to attack its weakpoint.
- Bring along as many weapon types as you can to circumvent the resistances.
Diabo Igrissith: This gigantic feathered fiend can swiftly rise up and swoop down on the players below. Those at a distance should be on the lookout for its fire breath and flame pillars.
The weapon rarity goes even higher, with the introduction of 13★ rainbow colored drops. According to Famitsu, the Helix photon blast is the motif for the Ares Boots, and the talis is said to have the theme of the Ketos photon blast.
13★ weapons require a new type of Grinder. This “Lambda Grinder” is available through Zieg’s Exchange Shop and the Excube Exchange Counter. Please be aware that grinding 13★ weapons will bind them to owner.
Ultimate Quests also have 12★ weapons, some of which appeared in previous Phantasy Star games.
New Difficulty: Extra Hard
Available to players level 70+, Extra Hard kicks off its first round of quests by covering “Urban Recovery,” “Raging Dark Arms,” and “Utterly Profound.” Weapons in this difficulty may drop with a new special ability called “Ultimate Buster.” This ability grants bonus damage towards enemies that appear in Ultimate Quests.
More 12★ weapons will be available in this difficulty, with some based on Blitz Fender, Ophidian Medusa, and Hollow Gimlet.
Level 75 Cap
The level cap will be raised to 75, with the subclass EXP cap at level 55! Having enough EXP to ‘level up’ in this cap will grant you with new types of EXCubes pertaining to your class. These class based EXCubes are used to acquire skill point rewards from class trainer NPCs like Risa, Marlu, or Ohza.
New Photon Arts and Technics
New photon arts are available for Swords, Knuckles, Launchers, Bullet Bows, and Jet Boots. Furthermore, you can acquire Lv. 17 disks for existing Photon Arts and Technics.
※Name suggestions welcome.
The most interesting of them all is “Zandion,” a new technic composed of two elements, wind and lightning. It is available to Forces and Techers who equip a Talis, Rod, or Wand. Similar to a Photon Blast, it is placed on the sub-palette, and can be activated once the gauge is full. Speak to Klariskrays in the lobby, and clear her client order to acquire this awesome new technic!
- Klariskrays’ client order is available to Forces and Techers at level 70+.
- Episode 3’s Matterboard must be selected to receive this Client Order.
New Class Skills
An assortment of new skills are available for each class. Some of them include:
All Guard (Hunter)
- Guard in all directions with Swords, Partisans, and Wired Lances.
- Main Class Only
Guard Stance Advance (Hunter)
- Performing a Just Guard during Guard Stance increases power for a limited time.
- Main Class Only
T-Dagger Spin Move (Fighter)
- Makes it possible to move in any direction while spinning with Twin Daggers.
D Saber Wind Parrying (Fighter)
- Just Guards can be performed the instant the Double Saber whirlwind appears.
Knuckle Gear Boost (Fighter)
- Knuckle Gear Gauge increase doubled.
Moving Snipe (Ranger)
- Increases damage while moving and shooting.
Dive-Roll Shoot (Ranger / Gunner)
- Makes it possible to do an attack during a dive roll.
One More Time
- Reactivates Showtime, one more time, if you do not receive damage until the Showtime effect is over.
Rod Keep Bonus (Force)
- Available for Rods.
- The technic preserved by a Charge Escape can be used without consuming PP.
Reverse Bonus (Techer)
- Applies your Shifta/Deband technic level to the players you revived.
Reverser Field (Techer)
- Produces a field to revive allies nearby.
- Main Class Only
Snatch JA Combo (Braver)
- Just Attacks can be performed during the Snatch Step.
Quick Mate (Braver)
- Speeds up monomate/dimate/trimates.
Break S D Bonus (Bouncer)
- Dual Blades Only
- Main Class Only
- A portion of the Break Stance effect becomes valid towards nonbreakable parts.
- (Shougai calculated this to be +15%)
- Doesn’t apply to [Break Stance Up] nor [Rending Stance] nor [Soul Rending Stance]
Field Remain (Bouncer)
- Pertains to the effects of support fields.
- The effect will remain for a short while even when leaving the range of the caster’s field.
- The caster must have acquired this skill.
Units will have access to recipes that specialize in either HP, PP, or elemental resistances. In addition, timed abilities can be created with effects working in Ultimate Quests.
You’ve ignored him for years, but now he has a new purpose. Zieg will finally hand out client orders and open up a new shop. The client order rewards can be traded in for items at his shop.
This is just a sampling of the new 11★ items available at Zieg’s Shop!
Bring the cool-times down even further with the new “Builder 4” room items. Craft Console 2 and Craft Board 2 are also available.
New Features and Adjustments
A new feature will allow you to change accessories outside of the Beauty Salon.
When affixing abilities, you can now select up to 5 items as materials. You can even select materials that have a higher number of abilities than the base item.
Receiving a Good Job with a comment attached will activate the notification icon in the Main Menu.
Two new entries will now display in the Communication History window:
- Good Jobs without Comments
- Multi-party Players
Friends can be sorted in 5 different groups in the Friends List.
An icon will display on the map whenever players are incapacitated.
Players can also receive FUN by reviving other players with Moon Atomizers or Cosmo Atomizers.
Notifications for the Partner Character’s Affection Rating Present
- When you can receive a present from a Partner Character, a “Present” icon will display overhead.
PS Vita Rear Touch Pad Function
- Control functions can be assigned to the right/left regions of the rear touch pad.
- However, actions which require long presses (like the charging of PAs and Technics) cannot be performed.
Automatic Acquirement of Extreme Passes
- Characters can automatically receive Extreme Passes upon logging in.
7 ~ 9★ Weapon/Unit Binding Abolishment
- 7 ~ 9★ weapons/units will no longer bind on equip.
- Owner registrations will not be removed for items already bound.
Preview Window Improvements
- In the Preview Window, if you’re unable to equip the selected item, the window will automatically show a character that can model it for you.
Emergency Trial Reward Adjustments
- Items received as rewards from Emergency Trials, may now come attached with several abilities.
Yuttari Recreation Scratch
This scratch features a collaboration with YuruYuri! Dress up as your favorite character with a selection of Amusement Club hairstyles, Nanamori Summer/Winter costumes, Majokko Mirakurun accessories, and a mag device mimicking the Odango hair. In addition, the ARKS Duffle costumes will arrive just in time for winter.